Have you ever wanted to take to the footplate of a steam engine?
Purchase an experience today and receive a personalised gift voucher, making these ideal gifts.
If you are buying the experience as a gift, you do not need to book the date of the experience at the time of purchase. We will provide a list of available dates along with the gift voucher.
Driver Taster Course - £160
- Two-hour course
- Take the regulator of one of our steam engines with one-on-one tuition from an experienced engineman
- Learn how to fire and operate a steam locomotive
- 10 miles of steam driving including a trip to the mouth of the Shelley Woodhouse Tunnel, a return trip to Skelmanthorpe and a trip to Cuckoo’s Nest
- Free travel for up to four guests on the day of the course
- A souvenir KLR mug and certificate to remember the day
- A complimentary family ticket to the railway for a return visit within a year
- A tour of the engine shed & workshop (subject to staff availability)
- Available on selected weekends throughout the year
- To be booked in advance
Please CLICK HERE
to read the Kirklees Light Railway's important Terms & Conditions before purchasing a Footplate/Driver Experience at the KLR.