Are you visiting on one of our Young Engineers preschool/toddler days? Will you have a Hungry Engineer with you by lunchtime? We've got the perfect solution: our HUNGRY ENGINEERS' AFTERNOON TEA!
What's included in a Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea?
For the adults: a selection of finger sandwiches, a scone with jam and cream, a sweet treat or two and a standard coffe, tea or hot chocolate.
For the Young Engineers: a sandwich (ham, cheese or jam), veggie sticks, a piece of fruit, a sweet treat or two too and a juice, milk or water.
Your afternoon tea will come in a recyclable box so you can enjoy it inside when COVID restrictions permit (hopefully from 17 May 2021) or outside - the choice is yours!
Unfortunately, at the present time, we are unable to accommodate special dietary requirements in our Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea (with the exception of vegetarians). Huge apologies for any inconvenience caused.
How much does a Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea cost?
- For adults, the cost is £8.95 per person
- For children, the cost is £5.95 per person
- Plus a £1.80 booking fee per transaction (add it to your basket when booking your tickets and pay only one fee)
How do I purchase a Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea?
Exclusively available to visitors with tickets for the Young Engineers sessions, our Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Teas are available by ONLINE PRE-ORDER ONLY via this page. We regret that we cannot accept any orders on the day, by telephone, in person, by email nor by social media messaging.
Pre-orders must be made by 2pm on the day before your visit. We cannot accept orders made after this cut-off.
Once an order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled and is non-refundable and not transferable to other dates/timeslots.
When placing your order, please select your collection timeslot (this will be the time you choose on the booking page) and remember to enter your food and drink choices when requested.
When it's your collection timeslot, simply join the queue for The Bufferstop Cafe and your order will be ready and waiting for you.
There will be limited numbers of afternoon teas available per timeslot and per day... Once they're gone, they're gone!
Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea Terms & Conditions:
- Must be ordered by 2pm on the day before your visit (bookings are online only via the KLR website)
- Once ordered, cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or transferred
- Food/drink choices must be given when ordering from the selection given We regret that no other alternative options are available
- Adult drinks choices are standard tea, coffee or hot chocolate only
- The purchaser must endeavour to collect from The Bufferstop Cafe at the collection timeslot they selected (there is a 25 minute grace for collections after your selected time)
- Making an order does NOT guarantee the purchaser a table/seats in The Bufferstop Cafe. All seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis (and only once COVID restrictions permit)
- Only available to those who have purchased tickets to attend the same day's Young Engineers session - buy your tickets HERE
Image credit: Michelle Wardman Photography
If you would like to book please contact us