PLEASE NOTE: It is necessary for ALL visitors to have a ticket to enter the KLR facilities, whether you intend to travel with us or not. Facilities-only tickets are available.
STANDARD DAY FARES
(excludes Special Events which will have different fare structures)
|Child (age 2-16yrs) return||£6.95|
|Child (under 2 yrs) return||FREE|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children) return||£27.95|
|Family Plus (2 adults + 2 children + 1 other) return||£31.95|
|Rover's Rover (dog) return||FREE|
|Clayton West Facilities-only ticket (no train ride) for all persons aged 2+||£2.95|
Single tickets from Clayton West to Shelley are also available.
We regret that single tickets from Shelley to Clayton West will not be available until further notice so we can be sure of the number of people travelling on our services.
Tickets to the railway must be purchased online, in advance of your visit so that we are able to adhere to social distancing with a reduced capacity in the wake of COVID-19.
Buy your tickets HERE right up to one minute before your selected departure (subject to availability).
For our operating timetable, CLICK HERE.
- On standard days, the time you book is the time your train departs (this does not necessarily apply to special events or Young Engineer days).
- Please aim to arrive at least 15-30 minutes before your departure time. If you miss your train, we may not be able to accommodate you on a later service and tickets will not be refundable in this circumstance.
- On standard operating days, your outbound service is allocated but you can return at your leisure. Please be aware that there may be a wait for a return service if capacity is reached at your preferred time. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause but everyone's health and safety is our top priority.
- If you want to travel more than once on the day of your visit, and there is availability left on other outbound services, you can book onto additional service(s) in person at the Ticket Office on the day. This means you can travel more than once for no additional fee. This is subject to availability on the day and cannot be guaranteed.
- On the day ticket purchases cannot be made in person or over the phone. Please book your tickets online via our website
- If there are special extenuating circumstances which mean you are unable to book online, please call us on 01484 865727 at least 48 hours before you wish to visit.
- We regret that we are unable to sell tickets over the phone on the day.
- If you are an Annual Pass Holder, or have a voucher/offer to use, please scroll down to the section at the bottom of this page for info on how to book.
- Please note that all visitors over the age of 11 years who travel on our trains and visit our station facilities will be required to wear a face mask/covering until further notice (unless medically exempt).
Clayton West Facilities-Only Access Ticket
- These tickets allow visitors standard day access to the facilities at Clayton West Station ONLY (i.e. the playground, Clayton Flyer, shop, toilets, platform viewing area and cafe).
- No train ride is included with these tickets & this option is not available on special event days. To buy train tickets, please CLICK HERE.
- Buy your access-only tickets before you visit (subject to capacity limits) and you may arrive between 10am and 3pm on your chosen day and stay until the site closes at 5pm.
- Re-admittance will NOT be allowed if you choose to exit before 5pm.
- Upon arrival at the station entrance, you will be required to show your e-ticket/email confirmation to our staff who will then issue each paying visitor with a token worth £1.
- You may redeem your £1 token(s) in the cafe or against a ride on the Clayton Flyer miniature railway on the day of your visit.
- No change will be given for purchases made in the cafe which total under £1 and there will be no cash alternative should you choose note to redeem your token(s) on the day of your visit.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise visitors to book their access-only tickets in advance online as there will be a strict capacity limit on the day and we cannot guarantee available for walk-ups on the day.
Well behaved pooches are permitted to travel free-of-charge on the railway and are allowed inside the station buildings and cafe. All we ask is that you book your doggie's ticket online in advance or let the Ticket Office know before travel.
Annual Pass Holders
If you are an Annual Pass Holder, you should have received a letter from us detailing your booking instructions. If you haven't recieved your letter, or you're having issues booking, please contact the railway on 01484 865727 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are extremely sorry that for the foreseeable future you will no longer just be able to turn up and travel on our standard days. We hope you can understand the need for us to keep a very careful eye on the numbers of people on the trains and using the station facilities as we try to continue to limit the spread of COVID-19. Bookings will be subject to availability.
Complimentary Ticket Holders / Ticket Offers / Those with Vouchers
If you wish to use a complimentary ticket, pass, voucher or offer you have received, you will need to contact the railway on email@example.com to make a travel reservation at least 48 hours in advance, or use the instructions given with the ticket/voucher. When doing so, you will need to provide the details found on the voucher, so please have this handy when booking. Without it, we will be unable to make a booking for you. Please note you will also be required to hand the voucher into the Ticket Office on the day of your visit. We regret that bookings will be subject to availability. This is because we will be working with a severely reduced capacity to allow for social distancing.
Max Card Holders
If your child is a Max Card holder, you are entitled to a special discount of a half price child's fare when purchasing a full adult/carer ticket on standard operating days only (not available at special events). In order to acess this special discount, you will need to contact the railway on 01484 865727 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a travel reservation at least 48 hours in advance. When doing so, you will need to provide the details found on the Max Card so please have this handy. Without it, we will be unable to make a booking for you. We regret that bookings will be subject to availability. This is because we will be working with a severely reduced capacity to allow for social distancing.
REMEMBER: Your Max Card also entitles you to 10% off all purchases in our gift shop (needs to be presented at the till).
Schools & Groups
Reduced rates are available for pre-booked educational and group visits.
Please see the Group Travel page for details.
Special event prices and times vary.
Advance booking is essential for all special events.
Please see the Special Events page for details.
Contactless payments are preferred although cash and all major credit/debit cards are accepted, excluding American Express.